New and Improved Spearfishing Boat
Fibre Tech has been manufacturing glass fibre boats for the last ten years. I have been building boats for the last 25 years, so I have a bit of experience.
I fished commercially for ten years but I have always spearfished. The reason we built the C-SKI 440 was you could not buy a decent small spearfishing boat so the C-SKI 440 was built with my experience and a lot of other spear’s input. The C-SKI 440 is very soft riding and a perfect tiller bar set up for somebody wanting a small rig. A lot of people wanted the stand up console version so we built it however it made the C-SKI 440 a little unstable which you got use to after a couple of launches.
Eventually we widened and lengthened the hull, improving the stability, with more deck space, changed the deck layout and all round better handling. The C-SKI 444 is very soft riding, awesome little boat with big boat performance without the big hassles!!
The new C-SKI 444 is 180 mm wider and 60 mm longer. It’s a light and easy boat to tow. The beauty of this boat it’s manageable for two people to launch and takes up to 3 divers and their gear, however, sometimes we squeeze 4 divers.
Length - 4.46m
Width - 1.90 m
- C-Ski 444 is a molded fibreglass gel coated hull.
- The unloaded overall weight of the C-Ski 444 is 200 kgs, excluding the motor.
- Hatches: Four - Anchor, fuel, large fish hatch and dry hatch.
- Ropes on hatches.
- Foam sealing strip under hatch lids.
- Bulkheads: Constructed of fibreglass in a chassis configuration.
- Prior to bonding the deck to the bulkheads, the molded chassis bulkhead is filled with polyurethane foam, which complies with SAMSA (The South African Marine Safety Authority) regulations.
- Transom: Composite (incredibly strong) - takes up to a 50 HP outboard motor and now even a 60HP Outboard.
- The transom can be raised for long-shaft motor (optional extra).
- Deck: Self-draining and anti-slip.
- Hatches are molded and bonded to the deck.
- Console has a built-in shelf, with a side access (screw in hatch), it also has molded battery compartment.
- Molded top deck incorporating a front anchor hatch with flush fitting lid
- Anchor Post.
- Aluminum keel strip.
- Bow eye.
- Built in fuel line.
Standard Features (including spare wheel)
- 4 X Large Urethane rollers
- Jockey wheel
- Lockable hitch
- Mounted tail lights
- Molded sleepers - Unique to this trailer (2 X Rear, 1 X center front)
- New rear tilting rollers
- Easy and light towing